Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Update

Well, I guess I waited long enough to see if T was going to post here but alas, he hasn't so I will. He did make a comment on my last post so I guess that counts a little.

I did get a punishment that night I wrote my last entry. It wasn't a harsh punishment but it WAS more then I've gotten before (which isn't surprising since I haven't had that many). I think what made it more aside from the amount of whacks I got was it was the first time I really understood the whole clearing of the slate thing. T mentioned it in his post about his punishment but until this one for me, I hadn't really "got it". This punishment gave me a new definition of forgiveness. Not just the forgiveness I got from T, but I was able to forgive myself for what I had done. It was like a weight was lifted from me.

Someone had posed the question about how one can get past a punishment they received in order to give a proper punishment to the person who had just toasted their buns so to speak. Her point was that she felt that if she had the power to punish her husband like he punishes her, when it came time for a spanking, she would be keeping a running "tally" of her punishment and her thoughts would be "just wait till it's your turn over MY knee".

Well, this scenario played out in our house that very night. Before he commenced my punishment, he did a bit of confessing of his own. Once mine was over, I decided to take care of his as well so we would both have a clean slate and have a fresh start. Did I hold a grudge and beat the tar out of him for spanking me? No. I feel that if the punishment is done properly, which it was, I won't have those feelings. I knew what I did wrong and accepted it as well as the punishment. When the spanking was over, he hugged and kissed and everything was forgiven. So when it came time for me to take care of his punishment, I wasn't even thinking about the one he had JUST given me (not even 10 minutes had passed). His offenses were much more minor then mine so it wouldn't have been fair to give him as much or more as he gave me.

I also found that it wasn't very difficult at all to switch from being the submissive to the dominant like I did that night. I don't know if T had any issues with switching from Dom to sub but it didn't seem as if he did. He was even able to tell me that he needed a bit more when I asked if he felt the punishment was done. I can't describe how proud I was of him at that moment because I know how difficult it can be to ask for more when you're backside is already stinging and hot. I hadn't used the bath brush up to that point but I felt it was appropriate to give him what he needed and had the courage to ask for. After a few swats with it, he was ready to be done. LOL

Hopefully he will come in here soon and give his thoughts on everything I've covered here. I guess I need to remind him that this blog exists as he tends to forget things like this. He has a "regular" blog that he hasn't touched in probably 6-8 months. I won't let that happen here. Maybe I'll make it a rule that he has to come in here and post at least twice a month and make it spankable if he doesn't. Till next time...

~D~

3 comments:

Dragon & Tiger said...

So, this counts a little too, right? WEG!!

~T~

Constance said...

Well, there's no chance my lover will ever be going over MY knee, but I can still really relate to something you've said here: if the punishment is administered correctly, then it's put behind you (no pun intended!) and there are no residual feelings of anger. If a person feels inclinded to any sort of revenge after being punished, someone has made a mistake, either the disciplinarian for punishing unfairly, or the punished, for failing to adequetely understand the process.
After the biggest punishment I've ever received (and it was big) my sweetheart was concerned that I was going to be in some way angry or resentful, but I WASN'T at all, because the man had been right, he'd been fair, I'd deserved it, and I knew it.

Good luck to you,
Constance

Danielle said...

Well.. I think that's the same for us, although we've never done the switching in a wink.