Thursday, July 31, 2008

Long Time No Post

I don't know if anyone even reads this anymore but I figured I would update anyway. I know it's been a long time since either of us has made an entry here but there was nothing to really talk about until now. A couple weekends ago we had went out for a nice dinner with the daughter. While we were outside smoking and she was looking around at stuff, we had a little bit of a conversation about DD. We decided to head home and then to the beach. While the daughter walked the beach, we were able to sit and have a good conversation about it and discuss how we wanted to proceed with the life style. So we've finally taken some steps to get back on track with this. We both admitted (it's really no surprise) that we do need this life style and the structure and accountability and are now moving forward. We discussed the reasons why it kind of fell apart before and why we hadn't worked on making it work. For me, it was one main thing. That rule about eating. I have a love/hate relationship with food. I love to eat tasty stuff but hate how it makes me feel afterwards. We've decided to revamp our rules (we haven't had a chance to do it yet, life has been hectic) and the food rule will not be in there. I know that sounds like I'm just complaining and getting my way but we both realized that it was a big problem to have that rule and in reality, that one rule was really what was holding us back from making this work. I would follow it begrudgingly when forced to, but if he had done something, I would tend to "let it slide" just so I could get him to let that rule slide. Unfortunately, that just made everything fall apart. Hopefully now that this rule is gone and we are able to sit down and set the expectations and rules, we'll be able to really get things accomplished. So here's hoping...

~D~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm reading--are you writing?