Saturday, January 19, 2008

My Butt Hurts

Dragon mentioned the new journal plan we've implemented. It works. And I was the first to feel the effects.

This past week has been rough on us, mostly because my work schedule has been very hectic and I was under a lot of stress. My job in part deals with areas of national security. I can't really go into what my job entails, but if I don't get the work done, it could interfere with whether or not a naval vessel is ready for a mission. I know that sounds like I'm one of those guys that makes stuff up to get attention, but I assure you, I'm not. I'm just the supervisor for a small group of guys that provide repairs and materials to those vessels and have to coordinate with other entities just like me to get the job done. This week I had a hard time getting things done because of unforeseen obstacles. I tried not to let that stress carry over to my home life, but when I would call home and say "I'm still working. Not sure when I'll be home" it caused stress. But my Dragon was always supportive of me... and for that, I thank her.

I did break a few rules and through our tally system I accumulated 26 whacks. Last night she gave them to me. She was nice and gave me some lighter warm-up swats and then gave me the punishment swats I deserved...with the bathbrush. That things sucks. But I kept thinking about the rules I had broken and how my breaking those rules affected our lives. After we were done, I felt much better. She told me she loved me and that the slate was now clear. We embraced for a few minutes and I felt at peace for the first time in a week.

I am glad that we are moving forward in our DDD lifestyle and that I was able to learn from my mistakes. This week, I plan to follow the rules and also ensure she follows them. Without both of us playing our parts, this DDD relationship is not doing what we are intending it to do. We are doing good and with more patience and perseverance we will get even better at it.

I just wish she would have broken at least one rule. She's way to good at being good.

~T~

No comments: