Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to the wild and whacky world of Dragon and Tiger. I'll begin this blog with a short introduction to how we came to the road we're on.

For a long time I (Dragon) have been a spanko. What is a spanko? Well for me, it means that I am enthralled with just about every aspect of spanking whether it be for erotic play or discipline and I have been for a very long time (more the discipline side earlier in life as I didn't even know what erotic was much less that spanking could be done for fun and not for punishment). It wasn't until my mid to late 20's that I realized what I was. I always thought I was a weirdo for wanting to witness or read about spankings. I would spend hours searching for spanking stories on the web and to me, the more real the spanking was, the better. A few years ago (2003 to be exact) I finally realized and admitted my desire to actually be spanked for erotic play to my husband (Tiger) and got my first one shortly after. Since then we have been using spankings in our bedroom play (both of us being on the receiving end though T was much happier being on the giving side of the swats then receiving).

In the past year, I stumbled upon a website that dealt with Domestic Disciple (DD from this point) in real life situations. I'd read many stories and seen it on adult movies but until I read this site and the blog and posting forums associated with it, I didn't realize that people in this day and age actually practiced this kind of lifestyle. Seeing as a good percentage of DD relationships follow the traditional male head of house (HOH), when I approached T with DD, that is what I brought to him. I knew in my heart that things in our house had to change. We'd been too complacent and lazy for too long. We bought what we wanted (running up high credit card debt) and showed little or no self control in any aspect of our lives. Something had to change. I needed help to be a better, healthier person and I felt that if he had the authority to give me rules and guidelines and a means to enforce them, not only would it help me with my problems but change his attitude and lifestyle in the process. Well, it made sense and sounded good at least.

For our entire married life (11 1/2 years so far) I had been "in charge" and all the decisions were made by me for the most part. T didn't have much say nor did he really want any in the decisions that were made in our lives. His motto was "it's better to just go along with it then fight the system". For a long time he was content to let me run the house while he sat back and let it be run. Well, that wasn't working for us anymore and even though our marriage was still as strong as the day I walked down the aisle, our family was miserable. The house was never very tidy (it wasn't filthy so I guess cluttered and disorganized is a better way to put it), we had stacks of bills, we ate poorly (most of the time a meal consisted of some sort of fast food which meant we wasting money on eating out instead of decent healthy meals at home), we didn't exercise and really, we did nothing to help ourselves. We were both lazy and unmotivated to do anything about the situation we were in. And this all went on with me as the one "in charge". So I thought our best route was for me to step down and T to step up. One problem. He didn't know how. He'd sat back and ignored it for so long, he now didn't know 85% of the things that went on in the house or how to run the house at all.

After careful discussion we came to an agreement. Dual Domestic Discipline (DDD). Basically, I'm training him to step up more and take better care of himself and the family and he is training me to step down more and let go of some of the control. I have the authority to set rules and guidelines for him and punish should the need arise and he has the same authority over me. We're still in the infancy of our DDD but are working toward making it work. We started off the New Year with Expectation Letters to each other outlining what we would like to see change and what we expect from each other. It's a start.

Welcome to our journey...

~D~

6 comments:

Adam's Angel said...

Hi Guys -
This is really interesting to me, and I've got a few questions. Don't answer if they're too personal, but I'm non-judgementally curious. Are you training T to become more HOHlike? Or are you going to share the authority permanently? D, do you think you will be satisfied with this solution, if what you originally wanted was to be the more submissive partner? I'm happy you guys have found a way to make it work. And btw, there ARE other couples who do this - you just have to look!

Danielle

Dragon & Tiger said...

I kind of already answered this in a comment on your blog so no need to go over it all again LOL. Yes, I am trying to train T to become more HOHlike and he is training me to let go of control for some things. I think the beauty of our arrangement right now is that I can be both the submissive and the dominant partner depending on the situation. I've always believed it takes a good follower to be a good leader so we're both getting experience with both sides of the coin right now. Maybe in the future it will become more apparent who is better suited for which role. I had always imagined when I was reading all the DD stories out there that I would be the submissive one, but my little secret fantasies had me giving it as good as I was getting it so I think all along I was more suited for dual DD then one way or the other. I don't want to be total HOH but right now, T doesn't have the ability to be total HOH either. So we both bring our strengths to the table and share the responsibility. As for questions, ask away. We (mainly me) started this blog to not only chronicle our new journey but to give others an insight into this thing we're doing. Asking questions is the best way to learn so bring it on :o)

Danielle said...

I'm interested to see how you will continue on this chosen path. Your story sounds a bit the same like mine, although my husband needs to be more severely spanked than the spankings I get.

Dragon & Tiger said...

Danielle: Thanks for coming by. I'd be interested to read your story. Do you and your husband practice DDD as well? I clicked on your name and noticed you didn't have a blog. I was so hoping to find another couple that does TTWD like T and I do.

~D~

Danielle said...

I only have a vanilla blog and as husband didn't want to share the responsibility of a second one I have sometimes written stories on other peoples blogs (Spanked Hubby, ASGT, MBS and My Spanko Diary).
We spank each other, although we started in a different way. Nowadays I spank J if he's been lazy in doing the household. My spankings are mostly erotic, but sometimes I need to be reprimanded, because I'm overdoing things. Those spankings do help me to live a healthier life. If you would like to know more about us, you might email me.

Dragon & Tiger said...

Danielle: So have you and your hubby always been "switch" or did you start out one way or the other and just "fall" into this form of the ife style?