Sunday, January 27, 2008

My Turn

I got my first real punishment the other night. It was pretty minor seeing as I had only earned 1 tally mark worth 5 whacks for using inappropriate language around our daughter. It's one of the things we really wanted to stop doing so that's why it earned me 5 whacks. T started with a little bit of a warm up and then I got 5 stingy whacks with the bath brush. As I said, it was pretty minor but it did sting. I can't say that I had as powerful an experience as T did after his encounter but it did do it's job and I've been more careful with my language.

The use of the journals and tally system has really made a difference in our journey. No more letting things slide and things are actually starting to change around here. I owe T 10 whacks right now plus a couple "penalty swats" for trying to blame me for one of the tally marks he earned and trying to talk and joke his way out of the spanking for the tally mark. Once I take care of the punishment (probably tonight) both our slates will be clear. Now that we've both been doing so well with the actual set rules, more things will start to come into play that don't necessarily have a set number of swats for an infraction. Attitude and all around behavior will be looked at much more closely and dealt with when needed.

We did change things a little bit with the journals though as we won't be waiting for the end of the week or a certain day (We originally decided on Friday). I didn't want to start dreading Fridays because one or both of us had a spanking to deliver or receive. Not only that but it wasn't as effective as it could be when something has happened like the Saturday or Sunday before and it gets put off until Friday to be dealt with. So now things will be dealt with more frequently when needed, time allowing that is. As I said, I still owe T 10 whacks for stuff that happened last weekend but time and obligations got in the way. I'll be taking care of that tonight hopefully.

Well, that's it for this installation. Till next time...

~D~

No comments: